Teachable Brand AI – a new form of personalised retail customer experience?
Within the next five years, scalable artificial intelligence in the cloud – Brand AI – could potentially transform how retailers use personalisation to make every store visit a memorable, exclusive customer experience distinct from anything a competing digital disruptor could offer.
Arguably the success of this engagement approach is contingent upon a retailer’s ability to combine a range of data sources (such as social media behaviour, loyalty card history, product feedback) with its analytics capabilities to create personalised moments of delight in-store dynamically for an individual customer that drives their decision to purchase.
But could the truly disruptive approach be one where a customer is continually teaching the Brand AI directly about their wants or needs as part of their long-term personal relationship with a retailer?
Could this deliver new forms of customer intimacy online competitors can’t imitate? Here are some ideas…
• Pre visit: Using an existing instant messaging app the customer likes (such as WhatsApp or Skype), he or she tells the Brand AI about their communication preferences (time, date, etc) and what content about a specific retailer’s products or services (such as promotions or new releases) they are interested in. This ongoing relationship can be changed any time by the customer and be pro-active or reactive – the customer may set the preference that the Brand AI only engages them when they are located within a mile of a retailer’s store or one week before a family member’s birthday, for example. Teachable Brand AI empowers the customer to be in complete control of their own personalised journey with a retailer’s brand.
• In store: The Brand AI can communicate directly with in-store sales staff about a customer’s wants or needs that specific day to maximise the value of this human interaction, provide on-the-spot guidance and critical feedback about physical products their customer is browsing to drive a purchasing decision, or dynamically tailor/customise in-store digital experiences such as virtual reality or media walls to create genuine moments of customer delight. Teachable Brand AI has learned directly from the customer about what excites them and uses this deep insight to deliver a highly differentiated, in-store experience online competitors can’t imitate.
• Post purchase: The customer can ask the Brand AI to register any warranties, guarantees or other after sales support or offers for their purchased good automatically. In addition, the customer can ask the Brand AI to arrange to return the good if unsatisfied or found faulty – to help ensure revenue retention a replacement or alternative is immediately suggested that can be exchanged at the customer’s own home or other convenient location. The customer can also share any feedback they want about their purchase at any time – Teachable Brand AI is driving customer retention and also gathering further data and insights to enable greater personalisation of the pre visit and in-store experience.
Derniers articles parMark Howard (voir tous)
- Teachable Brand AI – a new form of personalised retail customer experience? - 7 July 2016
- Brand AI: The invisible omni-channel for retailers? - 11 May 2016
- “Liquid Big Data”: a new source of competitive advantage for high street retailers? - 15 March 2016
- Liquid Big Data: the next digital disruption? - 3 March 2016
- Turn loss into profit using Tactical Digital Transformation - 16 February 2016